Journey Further believes that everyone who applies to work with us, whether they join our team or not, deserves a respectful and positive experience.
This policy details some of the most important considerations for our recruitment process.
We will advertise for our roles in a fair and inclusive manner.
- Journey Further is passionate about having as inclusive a recruitment process as possible.
- A good way to ensure this is to advertise roles in all possible areas.
- This way, anyone who may wish to apply is given the opportunity to do so.
- We will therefore promote our roles externally on relevant websites and platforms but also internally to our current team members.
We will not advertise for roles that we know to not exist.
- Sometimes roles that do not exist are knowingly advertised for.
- Journey Further believes this practice is unethical as it shares misleading information to candidates who might take time in applying to work with us.
- We will, therefore, not advertise for roles that do not exist.
- If for whatever reason, a role can no longer exist after it has been advertised for, we will openly communicate this with all candidates and take all necessary, respectful steps.
We will be open about all predicted timeframes and stages for each recruitment process.
- Candidates often have their own timeframes to work within. For example, they might have other interviews, upcoming holidays or financial commitments.
- Being open about and committing to our timeframes, even in circumstances when they have to change, will mean being as respectful as possible of candidates’ time.
- This will also encourage more efficiency and accountability for ourselves.
We will give open feedback to all candidates.
- Anyone who takes the time to apply to work at Journey Further deserves to have a positive experience.
- Even if someone is not chosen for a role, we can still make a positive or useful experience by giving thoughtful, constructive feedback and insight into our decision making.
We will respect candidate confidentiality at all times.
- Looking for a new role is an exciting but potentially sensitive process.
- Candidates may have friends or colleagues whom they would prefer didn’t know about their application.
- For example, this could be for personal, social or even job-security reasons.
- Candidate confidentiality is therefore of the utmost importance.
- We will always act with discretion and only share candidate information with those necessary.
We will not adopt any creative ideas or assets shared in a recruitment process.
- While interviewing for creative roles, candidates are often asked to present their own ideas in response to a brief.
- In these processes, Journey Further will not adopt this intellectual property as our own.
We will not use or share any personal data shared by candidates.
- Often in a recruitment process, personal data such as name, age and home address is shared through a CV or other means.
- Journey Further will not use this personal data for any reason, or share this personal data past those who are involved in the recruitment process.
We will not promote ourselves by speaking badly of others in our industry.
- Candidates might share that they have applied, interviewed or previously worked with another agency in our industry.
- In a certain scenario, an employee might speak competitively about this agency in order to dissuade a candidate from pursuing their application, or to promote Journey Further.
- We believe this is unethical because it undermines others in our industry and puts pressure on candidates to make a certain decision.
- This could also encourage a candidate not to work with us if they see us as an agency that speaks negatively about others.
- We will, therefore, not promote ourselves by speaking badly of others in our industry.
We will not pressure candidates for a decision on a role offer.
- For whatever reason, a candidate might take time to make a final decision on accepting or rejecting an offer from us.
- In this case, we will always respect their right to do so and not pressure them in any way to come to a final decision.